My mom has recently started a new "tradition" for our family this summer. She wants everyone that can, to come over to her house on Sunday afternoons (as much as possible) after church for some time together. We are looking forward to having much need time together as a family and enjoying visiting, eating, swimming, and riding 4 wheelers. The past couple of Sundays we have been able to hang out at mom's house and it has been really nice. A week ago Sunday, the kids and I, Andy, my mom and grandparents got to spend time together. This past Sunday, Andy, the kids and I, my mom and step-day, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and Brandon and Megan all got to hang out. It was a lot of fun...visiting, riding 4 wheelers and eating Mom's delicious cooking. :) We are really looking forward to doing that more often this summer. It is rare that we are all together....so we are looking forward to more times of everyone being together (also my step sister and brother and their families). The older I get, the more important this becomes to me...and even more recently as I think of friends and hard times they have been going through. Life is too short not to spend time together with those you love!
Here are some pictures from this past weekend: (for some reason I cannot put these pictures in this blog...so hopefully you can access them from my Face book album)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=181291&id=712420869&ref=mf
That's a great summer tradition!
ReplyDelete